Lungs of the Earth is a data-driven, immersive, constructive, multilingual storytelling project on forests, deforestation and reforestation in the world. It combines traditional on-the-ground reporting with data and interactive journalism, emphasising the role of innovative initiatives to protect biodiversity and forests. The team carried out a data-driven, global view of state of the forests in the world to illustrate their evolution over time and space. Such approach enable users to understand the state of the forests from a planetary perspective, while having a close view through our on-the-ground multimedia reporting. The first publication of Lungs of the Earth focuses on Borneo, but the team aims to cover all rainforests of the world.
- Internazionale: I guardiani della foresta (IT)
- Internazionale: Salvare gli orsi del sole aiuta a difendere la foresta del Borneo (IT)
- Internazionale: Droni al servizio delle foreste (IT)
- Internazionale: In aiuto delle foreste indonesiane minacciate dagli incendi (IT)
- Al Jazeera: The Lungs of the earth (EN)
- El Pais: Los pulmones de la Tierra (ES)
- De Correspondent: Kijken: Nieuwe manieren om ontbossing tegen te gaan (en de eerste zit in je broekzak)